I know I'm preaching to the choir here. But the ease of assembly and setup, and (at least my initial take on) performance is just outstanding.

I thought at first that I would have a terrible time with the one-item- at-a-time menu system, or even even a bit of a problem with the size and control spacing. Not so on either count. Having moved to the K3 after abandoning a couple of versions of another high-end radio, I couldn't be happier. I need to start saving some shekels to add the KRX3 and another filter set.

No, it doesn't have the audio heft on AM of an R-390 or SP-600, but I think I can live with that. Maybe it won't be long until the SAM detector shows up -- or the push-pull 6V6 output stage arrives as an option :) In the mean time, it's time to drag the Begali back off the shelf, and work some CW .....

Grant/NQ5T (grinning very large) ..