If the other station has AFC on in their software, they tend to wander around a bit. I tend NOT to run AFC if I am S&P, as I line right up on them. If I am running and there is activity around me, it is hard to run AFC, as my signal then wanders around. But if someone comes up a bit off, or I have some room around me, I then run it. It then aligns my frequency with theirs.

Its a lot like CW contests, where so many do not zero you before they call.

David Wilburn
NM4M
http://www.nm4m.com

Ron Kenwood wrote:
I have been playing in the WAE RTTY contest. I am mainly using the 250Hz roofing filter with DSP bandwidth at 300 Hz. I occasionally use the 1.8kHz filter with DSP set at about 500 Hz. In either configuration, I find that I have to use the shift control to center signals in the bandpass. Not sure if this is a hardware or software thing, but in any case, I have two issues. One is that the minimum shift value is too large to accomplish what I want to do at the narrow bandwidth, and when I try to use the dual bandpass filter it appears that shift is disabled.

Am I missing something(highly likely), or do I have to request that changes be added to the wish list?

Ron W3ZV