Peter Bacon wrote:

> Can somebody point me to where I can find a detailed description of how to
> edit the rig files in DX4WIN.
>
> I am not happy with the way DX4WIN controls my Elecraft K3 when I click on
> spot.  Sometimes the K3 switches band and not mode.  Other times the K3
> sets
> the filters to the narrowest bandwidth.  So I would like to see if I can
> tweak the RIG file to improve the performance.  Note I am using the latest
> version of DX4WIN with the latest version of the K3 RIG file.

Are you using up to date firmware? There was a bug that was fixed some time
ago that caused the K3 to use the wrong filter bandwidth settings when the
band was changed by software command.

That probably won't help the problem of changing band but not mode. The
problem is the software has to counteract the K3's recalling of the mode
last used on the band you are changing to. It is necessary to send the band
change command, wait half a second and then set the mode. I can't help you
with how to do that in DX4WIN, though. (I thought there was a recently
introduced change that you could set mode to be per band or per VFO, but I
can't find any mention of it in the firmware release notes.)

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3