Barry,
yes PHONES-OUT on front panel(!!!) is different from rear panel PHONES or LINE OUT outs.

The plots from front-panel phones-out is better, but IMD spikes are present.

plot withoot S9 signal: http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32055
S9   PRE On    AGC Off: http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32057
S9   PRE On    AGC SLOW: http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32056

Alex de UR5LAM

Alex Ponomarenko wrote:
2008/11/13 Barry N1EU <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

    Alexander Ponomarenko-5 wrote:

    > all these measurements, for all radios has been via PHONE-OUT.
    > There is two-tone measurements, but you can see these IMD even
    with XG1
    > set to s9-level.
    > Here is my K3 with s9-signal from XG1:
    > - ATT On http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32030
    > - ATT/PRE Off http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32031
    > - PRE On (it's terrible)
     http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32032

    Please take two consecutive spectrum readings with PRE On, AGC Off
    from the
    headphone jack - take one with S9 signal from XG1 and take the
    second with
    the XG1 generator turned off (i.e., with no signal in the
    passband).  Please
    post these two spectra.

    I suspect many of the spikes in your spectrum reading are not
    related to the
    received signal.