Don´t you ever like to compare two antennas? Or someone you
have a QSO with likes to compare antennas or something else,
amplifiers or what ever.
If everybody is using K3´s and the difference is smaller
then 5 dB you can´t see it on the S-meter and since the
AGC is so darn good you can´t hear it either.
Oooh, I forgot, then we have to buy test equipment!!!

73 Jim SM2EKM
DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:
I am so blessed to be a contester.  Everybody is S9.  Of course, if
the guy is really, really weak and I need several repeats, then he
only gets a 599.

:-)

de Doug KR2Q