John,

It is rare to change the BFO crystals as part of an A to B upgrade.

The BFO crystals should be usable, but the IF crystals should be replaced with new ones. The crystals were controlled for motional inductance starting at about SN 2560 and result in a much better filter. Elecraft sells a set of 7 matched crystals. If you also have the KSB2 option for this K2, order the set of 14 and discard the original IF crystals.

73,
Don W3FPR

John wrote:
I purchased a K2 kit that was bought in 1999 and have been upgrading it to "B". This kit was never built and the crystals are a different frequency than the newer ones. Can I use the old crystals or will it suffer performance with the old ones? The "B" version BFO calls for 4.9152 MHz and the ones in the "A" version I have are 4.915. The "B" version calls for 4.9136 crystals and the ones in the "A" version I have are 4.915.
Thanks.
John.