Good Evening,
   The weather has switched once again.  This is normal in Oregon; the common
saying is: "If you don't like the weather wait fifteen minutes."  However, I am
enjoying our new weather very much.  Sunny and today quite warm at 65 degrees.
I have been taking advantage of it by cutting more wood.  Not like I really
need more wood but it just makes me feel good.  The exercise is good and the
pile of wood is like money in the bank.  Only this money does not inflate nor
devalue :)  In fact it gets better with a little age as long as I keep it
covered so the moisture leaks out slowly.
   Propagation has been an odd duck this week.  My CW skeds have been quite
nice whereas the MARS nets have been impossible to check in to.  I hear dozens
of folks calling away with the NCS calling right over the top of them for folks
to check in.  I was not able to check in once to our daily net even though I
tried each day.  Voice is a most challenging mode!  Luckily ECN does not
require you to yell into your microphone only to get ignored.  We try our best
not to ignore you at all!  The 80 meter and 40 meter Fox Hunts did give me a
sense of the propagation at our net's time of day.  Forty meters went long
enough so N0AR was hearing folks in France better than he was hearing the fox.
Hopefully that means my West Coast station can work into the east more easily.
Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)
3) Call by time zone (East, Central & Mountain, everybody else)

Monday 0000z (Sunday 4 PM PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7 PM PST)  7045 kHz

   Stay well,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

ecn.visionseer.com

-