I really don't like SSB and am not sure I've gotten my settings correct, but
I plowed through 1890 QSOs in 24 hours during the ARRL SSB Sweepstakes last
weekend.  I really enjoyed using the bandpass filters when I had 60 over 9
signal 1-2 KHz away from me.  It allowed me to work guys I would have had to
give up on without the "armor" of a great front end.  I have the 2.7 and 2.1
filters on SSB and they were perfect for me.   I also had a few jammers that
thought they could plant a carrier on top of me to slow me down.  The Auto
Notch beat them EVERY time.  I really couldn't believe how well it worked.
There was only one jammer that was about 40 over who gave the notch a bit of
trouble, but I still got the contact through.

I had several unsolicited "great audio" reports and only one "you're
splattering" report.  I'm hoping the not-so-favorable report was a
non-Elecraft receiver on his end.  ;-)

I had a few calls from folks on this list and I appreciated making the K3 to
K3 contacts.  You guys sounded GREAT!

One of these days when I am retired, I'll be able to have enough time to
perfectly set up my SSB audio with a scope (and maybe even find out what
ESSB means), but for now, I'll continue to have fun.

Thanks for the Qs!

73,

Bob K5WA