A recent query about the calibration process for the KTCX03-1 1 ppm TCXO option
prompted me to compare my TCXO data sheet with the (yet to be implemented)
Reference Oscillator Method 3 procedure in the Owner's Manual.  It became
apparent that the procedure in the Manual does not support the data that
accompanied my TCXO.

I received a table of frequency deltas at 5-degree Celsius intervals of
temperature.  Abridged for possible operating temperatures, it is:
Temp   Ppm
5     -.17
10    -.03
15     .01
20     .05
25    0.00
30     .29
35     .56
40     .60
45     .71

Obviously, interpolation is necessary.  Piecewise-linear interpolation (linear
between the two nearest tabular points) would seem appropriate, particularly
because other procedures might result in interpolated values outside the range
of those in the table, due to unexpected data points like the local minimum at
25 degrees in my table.  (I'm still wondering about that local minimum.)

After interpolation, the oscillator frequency could be adjusted by multiplying
by
( 1 - Ppm/1000000 )
to compensate for drift.  This could be implemented by multiplying the
displayed value set by Method 1 or 2 for CONFIG:REF CAL from the (unchanged)
displayed value to a corrected value for use in later K3 calculations.  With
this approach, a default table of zeroes at all temperatures would continue to
work for those not having the TCXO option.

The Reference Oscillator calibration procedure would consist of
(a)  Input the ppm table for the optional TCXO, if you have one.  Be sure to
input signs and decimals.
(b)  Set CONFIG:REF CAL by Method 1 or Method 2, as preferred.  (CONFIG:REF CAL
would set the displayed value *before* adjustment by the factor in the previous
paragraph, so that temperature changes would not change the displayed value.)

With this procedure, it shouldn't be necessary to do step (b) at any particular
temperature.

73, Paul W8TM