I was the original poster of a situation where transmit SSB audio was too
pinched to be understood. The condition could always be fixed with a
power-off reset.

Since I have enabled the microphone noise-gate feature (or something else
that happened around this time frame) I have not had a single instance of
pinched transmit audio. Time has passed long enough that I would have
expected another occurrence. I am not saying it won't return but I am
wondering if the selection of the noise gate has made a significant change
that prohibits the condition.

On a positive note I am getting great unsolicited audio reports with my
dynamic microphone that I bought new at a swap meet for $10. It is a
wide-band studio-type microphone but obviously very cheap. People keep
saying to not change anything.

Mike Scott

AE6WA Tarzana, CA

K3/100 SN508