Hi,

I received a note from Don W3FPR and Hank K8DD about the problem I posted the other day where even when I just tapped the band up button on my recently built K2 it would sometimes go into the RCL mode.

First I want to say thanks for the suggestions and then tell you what I found in case someone else has this trouble. It was the usual, a bad solder joint, but not where you would expect it. What happened is U2 pin13 was left floating because the trace from RP1 went through the common terminals on the AGC switch and one of those was not making a good connection. Once I got voltage back on pin 13 of U2 everything worked. The puzzling thing is why it worked most of the time with that pin floating.

Thanks again.

Larry Ingram  AG4NN