Hmmm. I wonder if this could be the other side of the AGC issue also being discussed currently? That is, some folks are complaining that the AGC gain on key up is the same as it was on key down, so if a strong signal was present at key down, the receiver is unexpectedly deaf at key up.

But what if the opposite condition was present? Weak or no signal present at key down and strong signal present at key up. Might that result in an unexpected pop on key up as the AGC kicks in?

Just idle speculation.

73
--
Joe KB8AP