Here is my favorite do it all external speaker:

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/pro_products/6301b.shtml

A new pair would be less than the Bose units.  However this design has stood the test of time
having been on the market for 25 years.   There are a lot of them out there and because of that
they show on E-Bay quite often, and for cheap to reasonable prices.

The down side is they will not "improve"  what you are listening to.  They will give a faithful
reproduction of a horrible source.  K2's and 3's are not in that category though.

73,
Bob
K2TK

S Sacco wrote:
This caught my eye the other day, as a potentially excellent external speaker for my K3: <http://www.bose.com/controller?event=DTC_LINKS_TARGET_EVENT&DTCLinkID=7585&src="">>

No chance I'll be buying it anytime soon, at THAT price.

73,
Steve NN4X