Hi Gerry,

There is no need for additional filtering since the Perseus has 9 six pole front-end bandpass filters (1.7 - 30 MHz.) plus a 3 pole low pass for 10 kHz. - 1.7 MHz.)

I hope you don't mind my being at slightly sceptical that a low pass filter is enough for serious LW/MW work. If one has a medium wave or long wave broadcast stations in the vicinity, then additional filtering will almost surely be needed.

Also it will be interesting to read how well the IMD behavior of the SW front end filters themselves in such a small enclosure is. Small sized toroids can, from what I know, be a weak point in a receiver with high dynamic range.

From what I've heard radios such as the Perseus appear indeed to be very interesting but as always, a new technology, like good wine, needs time to mature.

vy 73 de toby