-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lennart Michaelsson
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 3:18 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 and Windows Vista ?

Hi all,I have been using my old PC with Winndows XP ever since I got my K3
last April without any trouble downloading F/W into the K3 using the
Prolific USB converter.
Now having got a new HP (64bit)  with Vista installed I am stuck as Vista
does not support the Prolific or vice versa.
(HP does not sell any plug in USB/serial cards whih would have been a
natural solution)
I have asked Elecraft for support and I trust they are working on it. Gary
replied promptly with a possible solution. However it turned out that his
recommended converter Keyspan usa-19hs including a serial cable cannot be
found in SM and Amazon.com as an example does not export those precious
little gems outside NA.

Question to other EU K3 owners using a PC with Vista installed: How have you
solved this matter?

Many thanks in advance
Lennart
SM7BIC