Frank MacDonell wrote:

> I have a k3/10 that works great with HRD via the serial cable on on
> COM4. But I cannot establish rig control with fldigi. I have read the
> instructions and exhausted alternatives. Hoping someone can help.
> Thanks. This is such a great resource.

Hi Frank. I have uploaded the rig control file I use to
http://www.g4ilo.com/files/k3.xml . Download it, (you probably have to
right-click the link and select Save As or your browser will try to open it)
and save it as rig.xml. Open the file in notepad and change the com port
settings so that they match your system (you will probably need to change at
least the com port number.) Then move it to the place where Fldigi keeps its
settings. On XP that is Documents and Settings/<username>/fldigi.files.

In Fldigi itself, in the Rig Control settings, choose the RigCAT tab and
tick "use RigCAT" and "use RigCAT PTT", then save the settings and restart
the program. Hopefully that will get it going!

I did send this file to W1HKJ as the K2 and K3 XML files you can download
from there don't work, but he never put them on his web page.

By the way, Fldigi for Windows 3.03 has an annoying bug, at least on my
system, in that when you close it, it asserts RTS on the COM port (possibly
DTR as well) and if you have the K3 PTT options set up to use one or other
of those (perhaps because of some other software you use that does PTT using
the control signals) then it puts the K3 into transmit on exit. So it is a
good idea to set all the PTT options to OFF as well. I did report that issue
to W1HKJ but it may have gone the same way as my XML file submission.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3