This evening I finished installation of the KRX3 that I ordered back in
April, and I ran into a problem with poor sensitivity on the Aux port I
thought others might be interested in.

After I completed installation of the KRX3 and went through the requisite
VCO calibration, filter setup, etc., I found that the receiver worked
flawlessly on the main antenna, but sensitivity on the Aux port was poor
(about 30 dB below that of the Main antenna port). Thinking that I might
have a bad TMP cable from the KRX3 Aux port to the KAT3, I pulled the KRX3
out, removed the KRX3 circuit board from the shield, and used an ohmmeter to
confirm continuity. All was well. I reassembled the KRX3 and reinstalled it,
same problem. I then removed the top portion of the shield while the KRX3
remained in situ, and sensitivity on the Aux port was normal.

Spark arrestor, SA1, is mounted very close to the edge of the circuit board.
In my KRX3, this component has "leaning" towards the outside edge of the
board sufficiently to allow the top shield to short it to ground. Bending
the leads of SA1 just slightly so that it was away from the edge of the
board resolved the problem.

Scott
N7NB