... I have my RX EQUAL set so tight for CW it is not enjoyable...

Note that the intent of Rx EQ is to provide general compensation for the audio (acoustic) response of your station, or its operator. This in general suggests gentle changes in overall response.

It is not intended to provide "better" selectivity -- that is that the SHIFT+WIDTH (HI+LO CUT) DSP selectivity controls are for.

Note that attempting to use the Rx EQ to get "better" selectivity than that provided by the selectivity controls (steeper filter skirts, tighter filters) doesn't work. The Rx EQ is not cascaded with the DSP filters; the Rx EQ settings are used to modify the response of the DSP filter based on the currently selected WIDTH (or difference between HI and LO CUT).

To listen to band context in CW, don't forget to try the Dual Passband function in CW.

73,

Lyle KK7P

PS - Yes, having different Rx EQ and Tx EQ settings by mode is "on the list." LJ