Don,

yes, after replaced the W16 the difference between the main signal and the greatest spur is similar "before". But we can see, that quantity of spurs are much less.

Here is plots from Line-Out:
before replace the W16 : http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=33328
and after replaced the W16 : http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=33327

73!
Alex UR5LAM

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Alex,

 From what I see on your plots, the frequencies of the spurs have changed.

On the BEFORE plot, I see a main signal at -9dB and the 2 major spurs are -78 dB at 10.4 kHz and another at -77 dB at 12.6 kHz. The difference between the main signal and the greatest spur is 68 dB.

On the AFTER plot, I see the main signal at -27 dB, but there are 2 major spurs - one at -85 dB at 5 kHz and another at -88 dB at 10.4 kHz. The difference between the main signal and the greatest spur is now only 58 dB - all in all a worsening of the signal to spur ratio.

73,
Don W3FPR

Alexander Ponomarenko wrote:
Hi Eric,

may be error in schematic, may be in my head. :)

Please look on these new plots:

here is plot with s9-level signal from XG1 BEFORE replaced W16:
http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32057

and here is plot with s9-level signal from XG1 AFTER replaced W16:
http://forum.cqham.ru/download.php?id=32650

Please, any yours comments.

73!
Alex UR5LAM

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
The schematic is in error. It was found that the coax was unnecessary.

The levels of signals reported are not audible at greater than 50-60 dB down from normal signals and do not impact our sensitivity spec.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ