Ed,

I agree with your evaluation completely - There is not a more demanding
contest for a receiver than the 160M CW. I was BLOWN AWAY by the
unbelieveable performance of my K3. I don't have the sub rcvr (yet) but your
write up is quite convincing. I am about 100 Mi from the W8JI contest
station and I was able to qso very weak stations within 200Hz of Tom's 60
over nine sigs - He was clean as a pin and my 250Hz filter made it like he
wasn't there! Amazing!  I have a local ham who was running with the legal
limit about a mile away and I did not know he was on until I stumbled across
him while doing SAP. My old rig would desense and go to pieces when he fired
up!

You sounded like a local here as well!

73

Gill W4RYW