Lyle,
Thanks for the info! It sounds absolutely correct as the DVR that I am inputting on "line in" from my computer sounds a lot better in the monitor. I did find out when using line in that the mic is still "HOT" which makes sense. This leads to the question??? With the KDVR3 when sending over the air is the mic muted? I don't have a KDVR3 yet but am planning on getting it for at least one of my K3's.

Ed W0SD

Lyle Johnson wrote:
... Something does not seem correct with my monitor audio, ie it is not a true representation of what the transmitter sounds like. Does anyone have any ideas?

With MON, you hear the slightly delayed audio from the monitor as well as your own voice. This may be perceived by some as a slight echo.

The delay is due to how DSP works.

Tx audio is processed by the DSP (leveled, filtered and equalized), converted to a nominal 15 kHz IF, clipped (if compression is on) and then sampled, downconverted to audio, filtered again, and passed to the speaker or headphones (or, now, LINE OUT :-)

There is some delay associated with all of this processing. This is most likely what you are hearing as a slight echo effect.

If you record MON and then play it back while you are not speaking, you'll hear no echo.

If you have the KDVR3 installed, listen to a voice message.  No echo.

73,

Lyle KK7P