Since 2.57 to 2.67:

My K3/100 has always clicked when it powered on. I thought it was just the relays resetting or some initialization. Is the click on the speaker or in the relays on the board(s) ?

Upon boot up the K3 also keys the amp for a split second too.

I just assumed that in the boot up initialization this was intentional.

One thing that seems odd but acceptable is when I insert the headphone jack, the audio reroute from the speaker to the headphones is not instant. It doesn't need to be... it seems like a half a second or so delay. NBD.

-jeff

ps. OT: For a weak CW op like myself, the K3 has given me the gumption to go after some DX on 40 and I tell you -- it's wonderful to work DX with the CW decoder. I can copy, but with the decoder I don't make as many mistakes on reading calls. And, I admit time to time I turn to Test Tx mode and just practice sending 5NN TU DE W7BRS at faster speeds to get my fingers muscle memory working. Last night there was a E51KAJ on 40 and I swore I got her call right, but I have no idea who the QSL should go to. hihi!

--
Jeff Wandling DE W7BRS K3 #2105     http://w7brs.com/k3
k...@w7brs.com