Don,
http://pinouts.ws/db15-vga-pinout.html shows the pin out and I don't see any pins connected together unless the grounds are common. I did check a lot of pins with the DMM but I did not find any in common but I did not check each and everyone. I will do that. Anyway your point is well taken as running 3 wires as PTT is also required makes more sense than having all the extra although the molded plug is nice for reliability.

Ed W0SD

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Ed,

I would highly recommend that you use a bare 15 pin connector rather than a video cable. There are only 2 wires required, FSK IN and Ground. The video cables (cut off defunct monitors) that I have encountered have several pins connected together which will tie together those pins on the K3 ACC connector - can create some operational anomalies. I don't recall which pins are tied together, but the standard video cable pinout should be available somewhere on the internet, and Google can find it easily.

73,
Don W3FPR