Firstly

Got the K3 assembled. The transverter board was back ordered and so
is the subreceiver so I will be re entering the K3 and adding to it
at least twice over the next few months. I'm not looking forward to
the disassembly & re-assembly but doing the kit sure gave me a great
appreciation for the detail and function this marvelous radio has.
Absolutely amazing.

Kudos Wane & Eric, you surely have an amazing way of looking at
things. Most effective and clear.

With that there are a few questions but in the spirit of one at a
time;

The power supply I have been using in the setup is a Heathkit Power
supply which was made for one of their last Transceivers. It's a HP-
1144 and offers 20 Amps out.

After calibrating the K3 I tried getting 120 watts out to the dummy
load but after the 50 watt calibration, when I held tune down to see
how it read. I only got 102-105W out, not 120, though I set he power
out at 120W. I'm wondering if the Heath power supply is lacking and
that's the reason for the lower maximum output? It seemed to work
well as a backup for the Omni V & corsair.

Idears?

Thanks
Gary
(One year older as of yesterday...)