> I'm not sure where you got the "extra $1000" from.
> Currently, HRO is selling the Quadra for $2999.

OK ... I had not priced the Quadra in some time.  Last I looked
it was $3895 from most sources.  In any case, $2999 is a "coupon
price" - HRO's regular price is $3499.  If you want to compare
selling price the ALS-1300 will probably end up between $2249
and $2499 if the retailers discount at the same 15 to 20% rate
as they do on the other Ameritron amplifiers.

The ALS-1300 will not be in the same class as the Elecraft amps
(whenever they are available) but it is an interesting option
for someone who does not need the last fraction of a dB in power,
performance, or features.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV