Interesting issue with the VFO A. I can't adjust the tension to the
way I like it. I installed it with the one nut to the inside and the
two nuts to the outside, the lucite cover on and then put the one
felt washer on before tightening it down.

The VFO feels loose to me with a small amnt. of pressure applied
during tightening of the allen screw. If I push it all the way down
firmly to increase friction, it feels about right for part of a
revolution but snags during the other part of the revolution. A
closer inspection shows the encoder assembly shaft is not perfectly
perpendicular to the face and it created minor scoring of the clear
plastic trim panel where the outer edge of the knob rubbed against
it. A review inspection showed the encoder is seated fully and
tightened properly.

I did have to unscrew (as suggested i the assembly. manual), the one
screw on the 2D fastener to put on the front panel as it snagged on
the board. Other than that, all went together as explained.

To try & distance the edge of the dial from the plastic, I added the
extra felt washer to give it some distance and this seems to work but
now rotation is accompanied by a noticeable sound of felt on felt as
I turn VFO A. It still does not feel really smooth with the double
felt.

VFO B on the other hand turns essentially silently with the perfect
amount of tension.

Anyone else have this issue and found a good solution?

Gary
KA1J