I'm starting to become familiar with the operation of this K3 and
it's really a wonderful joy to use. I was doing my usual listening on
160 last night and pulling the weak signals out was more of a joy.
There's a lot of controls I have never used before and it will be
awhile before I use them elegantly but never the less, I found those
signals easier to work with.

If I had my druthers, I think I would have put the filter width/cut
adjustments as the bottom pair of knobs as I historically adjust the
filtering quite a bit as needed from one QRM condition to the next.
>From my operating position with the the bail in place, the height of
the radio requires I either extend my wrist maximally or raise my arm
frequently. If I do that a lot say during a contest, it can irritate
my wrist. I don't change power settings much so I could see it better
placed for my way of operation at that location. I might try making a
shorter bail and see how that works for me, say 1.5" tall. Maybe I
just need a new desk as this one is an old computer desk I've used
since my H8 (with all of 64K of ram) Bulletin Board computer lived on
it back in the late 70s.

Until the KRX3 is ready to ship I'm learning how to use the RIT most
effectively as regards split operation. I've tried using the "split"
per se but it seems to be different than the split on the Omni V with
N4PYs software. That split worked really well and I'm guessing it
does the same actions with the K3 but I haven't come across the
solution yet. I'm sure it's obvious, some new things just take a
little longer to get to nowadays.

I do like the smaller footprint than my old radio had it opens up
more room on the desk and allows a welcome place for future clutter.

FWIW, the fans on the PA are really silent. Perhaps during a RTTY
cont4est it would be louder but as it is, it's just perfect.

Am looking forward to getting the back ordered (currently in
shipment) KXV3 as my K9AY is just waiting for a new home to plug
into.

time to go out & feed the birds, this is a tough time of year for
them.

73,

Gary
KA1J