Last evening I had an annoying problem with K3.  It would stop transmitting
any signal, even though the red xmit light was lit.
The K3 was driving a 30L1 linear with about 45 watts, a pretty safe level,
and no ALC connection.  I had LP-BRIDGE running, with HRD, SDR_IF and the
nice little S-meter display application running.  SDR_IF links direct to
HRD.

I was running PTT mode, keying with the XMIT button.

I would talk for about 30 seconds, and the signal would just quit.  Happened
many times, to the point I took the rig offline.  Each time, the red light
still glowing.  Pressing XMIT twice to toggle PTT off/on would get my signal
back. But the same symptom would recur a bit later.

I'd been running the K3+30L1 and HRD (no LP-BRIDGE) earlier in evening for
about an hour in the same PTT fashion, so I know that setup worked FB.

I will do some further experimentation, but I suspect that there might have
been too heavy a load on the serial interface, causing some Ucode confusion
in K3.

The serial setup is using the Elecraft supplied USB-serial adapter cable, at
38Kbaud.

Any thoughts ?

TNX -- Tom  W6TJK