From: "K2MK" <k...@comcast.net>
To: dalspa...@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, January 2, 2009 11:39:23 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: K3 Overdrive using RTTY

Hi Doug:

Take a look at the thread started yesterday titled "Obscure RTTY Bug"
Sounds like the same problem except you put a new spin on it. No solution
yet unfortunately.

73,
Mike K2MK

[Elecraft] K3 Overdrive using RTTY

Doug Alspaugh
Fri, 02 Jan 2009 06:04:00 -0800

Lyle,

With the current (276/198) I am not able to adjust the sound card input for
clean signal no matter how low I set the drive. I get the clicking sound in
the
monitor output and if I listen on a second rig I can hear clicking by tuning
just off freq. I also tried 273/198 and got the same results. However I can
get
a clean output using 267/196. Takes very careful adjustment. I get one solid
bar and one flickering bar on the ALC meter. One more click of input from
the
sound card and the clicking starts. With the proper adjustment the output
sonds
clean on my second radio.

73 Doug N3QW