Well, Dick....

Long ago, I gave up trying to understand why some folks choose the
things they choose.

If you think back to the 60's or 70's, you could NEVER convince a
Mustang owner that Ferrari was the way to go... or vice-versa.

Some men like women who LOOK hot.  Some men like women for
personality/brains.  If you can find one with both...WOW!

When the Orion 1 came out, I thought it was the butt-ugliest rig I had
ever seen...but I respected the specs.  With OII, they "gave in" to
the demand for a color screen, but it was still butt-ugly.  LOL.  When
the programmer left, I stopped reading the TT mail entirely.  Too bad.

TGI Elecraft!  It sure doesn't LOOK like a 7800, but boy does it play!
 Most of the time, when I use a radio, I'm not admiring its looks.
But maybe that's just me.   I've heard of a trophy wife...maybe some
guys want a trophy rig.  But the K3 is no "last one at the bar"
either.

Cost?  I thought the K3 was INEXPENSIVE for what you get...still is.
Compare to $10 or $12K????  NO brainer.

If these FOCers are contesting, I hope they love their FT2000...cuz
I"ll run rings around 'em with the K3.

Different strokes....so be it.

de Doug KR2Q