As I stated earlier, I have/had a similar problem reported back in
November, but didn't get anywhere with a solution.  Some recently
mentioned turning off the internal RTTY decoder (TEXT DEC) or Dual PB
filters improved their problem.  I'm finally back at my rig today and
was ready to try some older firmware versions, but the first thing I
did was to try turning off the internal RTTY decoder and MY PROBLEM IS
FIXED!!  This is with the latest firmware, 276/198.

I found something strange....on 10M, the signal is fine even if the
decoder is turned on, but it's bad on 15/20/40/80 with the decoder on
and fine with it off.  Maybe this can help Lyle/Wayne troubleshoot the
problem.

Chad WE9V