Im in the middle of the RTTY RU and running great. Regarding the IMD in PSK I got the following results as noted below....

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gregory Fischer <a...@cablespeed.com>
Date: January 2, 2009 9:16:33 PM PST
To: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>, Lyle Johnson <k...@wavecable.com > Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Re: Distorted TX audio with RTTY decode enabled

Notes using the IMD Meter:

PWR Set      ALC bars      Line Out   Actual Pwr    IMD
10 0 3 9 -32
    10                 2(flash)       4               12.2        -27
10 5 5 12.6 -26

40 0 3 30 -32
    40                  2 flashing   4                59          -32
40 5 5 59 -31

100 0 3 80 -32
    100               2 flashing    4                 121        -28
100 5 5 123 -28

This was into a resonant antenna (1.2:1) and sending a PSK idle at 1000 Hz. After the above test I tried to really over drive it increasing the Line In level to 15 and the worse IMD I could create was -26. My soundcard output was only at about 10%.

I've also been listening for this ticking sound that was reported using AFSK...suposedly with the decoder on. I just don't hear it. I have my headphones on with the noise cancelling turned on so I don't hear any crap in the shack. I tried at different power levels and do not hear it. I had a quick qso on 40M with someone and asked if they could hear any ticking sound and they said I sounded clean.

Testing done with McU 2.77/DSP 1.98

Greg