From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Paul Christensen
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 12:08 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 feature request

> "...Every AMP  has a STBY switch.  I just checked..."

Well...not every amp.  My Alpha 70V has no standby switch.   From the off
position, the amp either goes right into active CW or SSB operating mode --

with no warm-up time (the PA tube uses a directly-heated filament).

If I want to bypass the amp, I must press the OFF button.  And when its off,

the entire amp is really off.  Sure, this is not indicative of most amps
made, but this example may not be the only exception out there.

Still, the PTT menu issue is not important enough for me to care one way or
the other.

Paul, W9AC