For those using the 1.8-KHz roofing filter for SSB in crowded band conditions,
how usable
is it? Does it require much "fine tuning" of controls when switching from a
2.8-KHz
filter, or can it be as simple as just selecting the filter?

I've used similar filters for the FT-1000MP, and had no problem making signals
intelligible when switching between wide and narrow SSB filters.

I like the idea of using a 1.8-KHz filter on CW as well, to supplement my
current
selection of 250-400-1000 Hz.

I'm preparing to carry my K3 to the PJ2T contest station to give it a workout
in the CQWW
160 CW Contest, and to try it out in the challenging pileup conditions we can
generate
down there on SSB outside of the contest. I sill have time to order a couple of
filters
before I depart!

73,  Jeff K8ND