I also have the 1.0 filter in my K3 (#740) and use it almost always
when in CW (in other words, all
the time!). I had a 1.0 filter in the main IF on my OmniVI and it was
great on CW. I only wished that
INRAD had made a matching 1.0 filter for the bandpass IF! I got the
matching set for the subrx, too
(2.7, 1.0, .4, .25).

Allan K7GT