NR seems to be quite effective but especially for weak signals it drops the
signal strength by up to 20db.

NTCH is also outside the AGC loop. I also suggest the following refinements
to NTCH:

 - faster or adjustable notch time in automatic mode. Now it takes a second
and does not work if the carrier is slowly drifting.

- adjustable width in manual mode; e.g., can be adjusted by buttons 1-4
For instance 1=20Hz, 2=50 Hz, 3=..... The current one is 250HZ and is wide.

It may be the same code to put both NR and NTCH into the AGC loop.

Would anyone agree that these features will be worthwhile? For me several
times NR 3-3 made a difference between a copy and no copy for weak signals
but the volume was too low.

Ignacy, NO9E