Hi there,

   So, I've made it through Alignment/Test 2.  All numbers right down
the middle, save the AGC threshold voltage, which was solved by adding
10k across Control RP6 pins 3&4.

So, I complete the S-Meter alignment per Alignment/Test 1.  No problem.

Then, after I finished Alignment/Test 2, I figured I'd attach the XG2
to get a little bit more accurate.

So I attach, follow the directions to a T, tune to 7040.30 (where I
find the 40m signal to be loudest) and adjust S-Hi to show S9 for 50mv
output.  Well, I can't get it to land right on 9, but 9 +/- 1 bar.

However, per the directions, I'm told that once I turn the XG2 off,
the S-Meter should drop to 0 or 1 bars.  However, it stays the same.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

   Phil