From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill W4ZV
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:38 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 build: seeking advice re: KRX4 and DVR

DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:

> Do you suggest that the "base" K3 be completed first and then the
> subRX be installed, or should I do it "all at once?"  Maybe the
> official K3 advice is "in the box."

Yes it's basically "in the box" but I agree with Al's excellent summary that
the manual should be updated to install the KDVR3.  IMHO the only really
critical issue is to install the AUX RF cable in the initial build.  If you
didn't do that it would require some major disassembly to install the BNC
and route the TMP cable.  For some reason I wound up with an extra AUX RF
cable from the first 2 units I built.  When I got my 3rd (which doesn't have
a KRX3), I installed the AUX RF cable so it will be an easy job if I decide
to add a KRX3 later.

73,  Bill