Hello everyone, I'm sorry to trouble you with something which you've probably
had posted a thousand times. I'm very new to the hobby and am struggling to get
the K1 to work.

Symptom: Up power on the current drain is high (as much as I would allow the
bench supply to give).
This is with just the RF board and front panel connected. Supply is a bench
supply with 12.5v and max 1 amp.

On my first attempt to use the rig the Q7 on the finals melted. This has been
replaced but it was clearly the poor recipient of the high current and not the
cause.

I have carefully checked each component is in the correct place and
orientation.
I've checked each solder joint.

What I need are some places to start troubleshooting the issue. Your assistance
will be greatly appreciated.

73
Ian
VP8DLJ