Allan,

Do you actually have power flowing through the KAT2?  Power is necessary
to generate voltage at the diodes D1 and D2 cathodes.
If you can temporarily connect an external wattmeter between the KAT2
and the dummy load, see if power is getting through.
Once you determine that there is power flowing out of the KAT2, remove
the external wattmeter before attempting to set C55 to its final setting.

If you do have power flowing and still have a display of 000, be certain
you have the potentiometers set to full clockwise (max rotation).  Check
the orientation of D1 and D2 and look for soldering problems.
Measure the DC voltage at the wiper of R2 - If you have voltage at the
wiper of R2, but still a zero display there is a problem between R2 and
pin 4 of U1.

73,
Don W3FPR