From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Rasmussen
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:27 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] OT: CQ 160m contest on K3

Having no antenna long enough for 80m much less 160m,
is sad.

But when I hear reports of a band on fire
I go searching for a wet noodle.

Tonight we are feeding the center conductor of the GAP eagle
into a Palstar tuner. Guess what - we are being heard.

Antenna is effectively on the ground, that's a plus
for high angle radiation - hi.