Hi Jim,
No worries on this.

Yes I am blessed thank you and probably my K3 is as well if you knew the
full story.  The serial number of this one is # 791 and the one I used last
summer on 6m was #850.

I think anyone that knows me, including Wayne and Eric, would not classified
me as a person that thinks Elecraft can do "no wrong".  Eric I am sure will
tell you different.  However they and their staff sure do a lot that is
right.  They do try their best to make it right with you if something is
wrong!  Jim, I trust me I wasn't judging you or others having a problem with
6m sensitivity from the front roll of the Elecraft Church.

Without getting emotional I was making a statement as to maybe the cause.  I
was not implying that you or others don't have a problem.  I am sure there
is something going on, I wish we were closer so I could offer a hand in
running down the problem.

Here is the run down of my station that I don't usually give as it changes
almost daily.  During the month of June 2008 the shack consisted of serial #
850 K3, TS-480, IC-756 Pro 3, and a IC 7700.  Again my antenna setup was a
meager for 6m, just a 3 element mono-bander with almost no feedline going to
it.  At no time did I find the K3 lacking in sensitivity on 6m compared to
the other rigs and yes I did switch them in and out.  I did wonder why some
other K3's seem to be deaf on 6m compared to TS-2000 or 746 Pro's as
reported here on the reflector.  At  my station the result was not the same
as some report here and so I kept the K3 on the 6m beam, while using the
other rigs for HF.  Later postings from Wayne explain things on the design
of the K3 and then the new 6m pre-amp, so I quit wondering so much.

Having said the above, I can also say the same thing in reverse.  I chase a
lot of weak signal work with wire only antennas and at no time is there a
distinct advantage between the K3 and say the Pro 3 or even the 7700.  All
rigs have their pluses and minuses, plus I am pretty good at wheeling the
knobs on the various rigs.  I am not running a contest station here with
mega power, multiple antennas, SO2R, etc.  If I was running SO2R or similar
setup I might be more biased towards the K3 and move up to the front pew of
the church.  I will say this, under strong RF conditions I have never seen a
rig hold up better than the Elecrafts.  The kind of RF levels most shacks
will never have to deal with.  This has nothing to do with 6 meters or your
problem, but the above was to let you know I am far from being an Elecraft
groupie.  Not that being a groupie would be all that bad either.

Jim I do wish you luck with your problem and I meant no offense in my
posting to you or others on this list.

73 de jay/w5jay..