I just want to make an observation....about the USB Adapter.

This weekend, I was running about 500 watts output to my Inverted-L on 160
meters.  Time after time, N1MM Logger would loose connection to the K3.  I did
attribute this to RF.  I stopped and made sure everything was grounded
properly, I placed some chokes on the USB Adapter line, did a reboot of the rig
and the computer.

Well, finally, the adapter quit working.  Nada.  I rummaged around in the
garage and found a serial cable and connected it to the computer and was back
in business.  The N1MM Logger program and the K3 performed flawlessly after
that.

Now, I know that there are some issues in my shack concerning my Inverted-L
feed.  The feed point is less that 15 feet from the shack/rig/tuner/amp.  All
were grounded to a single point.  Still, the USB adapter cooked and I attribute
this to high amounts of RF in the shack.  And, since I am not going have any
more children...it seems that I just lost the USB adapter.

This only happened on 160 meters.

Any comments?

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?