Thanks for the many responses, both private and via the forum. I
substituted a metered Astron PS and went directly from the PS to the K3
with Elecraft supplied power cord.. Now the measurements are:
100w 13.9v to 12.9v; 50w 13.9v to 13.3v. this I can live with...

My previous setup was the Astron to Rigrunner to K3...approx cable was
4ft from PS to Rigrunner and 4 to 5 ft to K3; PLUS, Rigrunner had
LP-100, SixPak and Steppir tuning relay...K3 is supplying power to
microKeyer II via 13.6v back panel accessory.

Pardon the pun but, voltage drops, "it all adds up"....

Que intersante! I learn so much from the erudite members of this
reflector (look that up in your Funk n' Wagnalls!) Just another reason
why Elecraft is simply the best...
73
Tom