Where I live there are several amateurs with a mile and we are all members of
the same club. During club contests we all suffer splatter, my question is
to do with what level of splatter is reasonable to expect from a station a
mile away line of sight running 100W on 6m.

I can do the path loss calculations easily enough - what I am trying to
understand is the maximum level that a clean SSB signal say 10kHz or more
away can be before receiver generated IMDs become more of a problem than the
ones from the transmitter. I.e. the power input in dBm on 6m on the K3 that
will cause a noticeable increase in the IMDs - not the 3rd order ones, but
the 5th, 7th 9th 11th etc. For example, if the transmitter 5th order is x dB
down, what signal level will the receiver cope with until the receiver
generated IMDs increases x by 3 dB.

For example I seem to suffer more splatter on my K6 than the other station
does from me on their IC756/FT726/IC706 (depending who it is). That could be
their IMDs or it could be my K3 receiver being overloaded.