Thomas Tumino wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am running my K3 with Digipan computer software on PSK 31.  I also have
> a full complement of 5 filters in the K3, with the widest being the
> KFL3B-FM 13Khz filter.
>
> Because Digipan can receive many PSK signals at once (Multichannel
> Window), I would like to set my K3 to receive USB through the 13Khz
> filter.
>
> Unfortunately, despite specifically enabling the KFL3B-FM 13Khz filter in
> USB mode, I cannot get 13Khz of bandwidth in USB receive.  As a matter of
> fact, I cannot seem to get much more then 4Khz of receive in USB receive
> mode.  I can get the XFIL display to tell me I am receiving through the
> 13Khz filter, but only about 4Khz of audio will pass through (perhaps the
> DSP??).
>
> Am I missing something here, or is this just an oversight in firmware
> design?  Multichannel simultaneous receive of a massive chunk of bandwidth
> is a great feature of Digipan that I would love to take advantage of with
> my K3.
>
> Does someone know how to receive USB at a 13Khz bandwidth with the K3?

I don't use Digipan but I doubt if it is capable of displaying that big a
slice of bandwidth. The maximum that can be received is half the sampling
rate the software uses. Many of the older digimode programs use a sampling
rate of 8KHz or 11.025KHz. So my first question is what sampling rate are
you using?

My second question is, what is the point anyway? All the PSK31 activity here
takes place in a bandwidth of about 3KHz. So a 4KHz waterfall would show you
all you wanted to see. If it covered any wider then stations operating close
together would be hard to tell apart.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham