>From the Elecraft ordering page:

For same operating frequency diversity receive use with K3 and KRX3. Set the
K3 offset menu for both filters equal and to the nearest 10Hz offset
approximately half way between their marked offset frequencies. Only applies
to our 5 pole filters, 200 Hz, 500 Hz and 2.7 kHz, which have non-zero
offsets.

Note: Best if both filters to be matched are ordered at the same time. We
will try to accommodate matching to 5 pole filters already shipped (8 pole
filters all have a nominal 0 offset) but we can only guarantee an offset
match within 40 Hz if both filters are ordered at the same time, due to
batch to batch manufacturing frequency changes. The menu offset for both
filters that are within 40 Hz of each other can be set equally to the
midpoint between their offsets.

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Walter V. Gilles
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:51 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 - Diversity Reception, Matched Roofing Filters

I am finishing up my K3/100 kit (all 8 pole roofing filters, no sub rcvr),
and already looking over the fence.

Am I correct in my understanding that for diversity reception with the KRX3,
and using all 8 pole roofing filters (same 8 pole BW in same slots for main
and sub boards), that matching of filters is unnecessary due to the inherent
8 pole filter zero offset?  Conversely, matching of filters for diversity
only applies if one uses offset 5 pole filters?  Thanks.

Walter, N0DZJ