Hello Elecrafters,

I'm working on my first K2 kit.  I finally came to the dreaded diffuser
installation.  With the diffuser in the correct position and with the spacers
as called for in the latest manual errata I did not know how to hold this all
in place for soldering.

The manual suggests the use of a rubber band!  Since I did not have any ESD
rated rubber bands I decided to use a small plastic clamp that I had on hand
for small hobby projects.  It worked GREAT!  This small clamp is made by
Wolfcraft.

A quick web search did not produce this exact clamp but I found some that may
work as well.  See the link below:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/exl/exl55663.htm

The plastic clamps may not be totally ESD safe so proceed at your own risk.

72/73,
Bill - K6WLM
KX1
K2