Kleld there has been some debate over the use of FM bandwidth filtering
to transmit AM (or ESSB), I don't have an FM filter so cannot give a
measurement for the bandwidth that may result from transmitting AM or
ESSB through the filter. Using the 6 KHz "AM" filter gives a nice tight
transmission on AM with a bandwidth of approximately +/- 3KHz down to
many dB's below peak. ESSB through the 6 KHz filter is also nice and
tight. There are some excessively wide AM transmissions here in the UK
on AM, several have been measured at +/- 10 KHz or more, these are
usually older, or home built, transmitters rather than recent commercial
units. AM can use excessive bandwidth so I would hope K3 users would set
a good example and keep their transmissions within reasonable limits.

Bottom line, if you want to transmit AM or ESSB consider using the 6 KHz
rather than the 13 KHz filter unless you can be sure your bandwidth
isn't excessive with one.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

<SNIP>
2 pcs KFL3A-2.8_2.7sw replacement K3 and KRX3
2 pcs KFL3A-1.8K SSB
2 pcs KFL3A-200 5-pole CW + matching
2 pcs KFL3A-400 CW
2 pcs KFL3B-FM FM

For the purpose of working as many DXCC countries as possible including
picking new ones during contests on crowded bands.

As I understand this configuration will not allow me to receive or transmit
on AM but it will maybe allow ESSB later if the firmware can be modified to
use the FM filter for ESSB.

Any further comments before my ordering will be appreciated.

Vy 73
OZ1CCM Kjeld