It is a common misconception that Bird Thrulines are a always accurate.

They are good when operated into a matched load and when the signal does not
have a high harmonic content. If there is reflected power you need to make a
correction. If there are harmonics, even if at a low level, the sensor can
read much higher power than is actually present, even into a well matched
load. Bird Slugs can become damaged, mechanically or electrically and I have
even come across ones with the wrong label.

So, I dispute any claim of accuracy of a power meter just because it is a
good make. All power meters can on occasion give incorrect readings.

The Bird 43 claims 5% of FSD accuracy. On a 250W slug an error of 12W. 180W
could, within the meter specification be 170W. Then the 250H slug also has a
frequency response.

To the problem in hand:

The low pass filtering in the K3 should prevent any over-reading being the
harmonics, unless there is a problem in the filters and assuming there is
not a mis-match, we have to assume this power is real.

Specs indicate approx 18A at 13.8V, which is 250W input for 100W output.  To
get 170W or even 180W output is possible, but I think the PA is unlikely to
be linear or long lived if used in this state. If the K3ALC is not working
the PA may well develop this much power. I would re-visit the power
calibration using the K3 utility. If that fails there is probably a fault.

A linear amplifier designed for SSB will normally be capable of much more
power than it's linear specification. Quite possibly double on the lower
bands where the efficiency may be higher. While the amplifier can produce
that power, the device may not survive the extra thermal stress.

Mike